Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Study a language

How to master a language? If you start to learn a new language, you always face with the trouble such as: grammar, vocabulary, speaking...In my own experience, the best method is practice, practice and practice and you should maintain the similarity with that language everyday.
I take an English as an example for my experience. There are four skills in mastering a language: reading, speaking, writing and listening.
With the reading, I read English novel to get used with the writing style and new vocabularies. In the first few months, you might try with one chapter in one day but never stop to understand the meaning of new words. Just simply highlight and look up after finishing that chapter. I know for sure that you will improve your reading skill with the English novel. Although I myself have never finished one novel in my mother tongue language, I have read hundreds of books by various authors, i.e: Michael Connelly, Nicholas Spark, Dan Brown, Lee Child, Patricia Cornwell. I love reading books, especially thriller crime. There are many various sources in english language you can use everyday. go to bbc.com to update the international news or goal.com to see what is going on with the football world. Read whatever you like or favour in english. Keep it as a habit and you familiarize yourself with english.

No comments:

Post a Comment