Monday, May 30, 2011

Pie idiom

In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with pies.
1. It's as easy as pie
2. Pie-eyed
3. To have a finger in many pies


The script:
Hello, I’m a very interesting and intelligent man. And today this pie and I are getting together to teach you some English idioms. I bet you’ve never been taught by a pie before! 
Now you’re probably thinking ‘It’s very difficult to learn anything from a pie’, but you’re wrong. In English, if something is very easy, we can say ‘it’s as easy as pie’. It’s as easy as pie. Oh, excuse me. I really need a drink after all that pie. 
Ahh! Ah, I think I’ve had enough actually, thank you. In fact, I’m completely pie-eyed.  In English, if someone is very drunk, we can he's pie-eyed. I think I need a little sleep. Pies. Many pies. 
Did I tell you my boss is threatening to fire me because I’m too weird? But I don’t really care because I’ve got all my other jobs. On Monday I’m a fire eater, on Tuesdays I’m a brain surgeon, on Wednesdays I’m a clown, on Thursdays I’m an astronaut and on Fridays I’m… a traffic warden. I’ve got my fingers in many pies. In English, if a person has their finger in many pies it means they are involved in lots of different activities.

My self-talk: being uploaded soonest... 

No comments:

Post a Comment