Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reading a novel to improve your reading skill

Today was the weeken again. I had a chance for rest with my wife after a working-week.

I have already completed the first novel called "Sour Puss" that was written by Rie Tae Brown. It has 40 chapters and I just finished one a day. I find it very interesting to practice reading skill in this way. Although there were many new words which I did not know, I guessed their meaning based on the context. Now, I start to read the second novel whose title is "Collateral damage" written by Pierce Askergen. This book has been also converted to the hit TV series created by J. J. Abrams.

I have bought some famous Vietnamses folkles written in both English and my mother tongue. They are really helpful. They help me remind interesting stories which I heard when I was a child. More importantly, I am able to grasp them by reading the English text. It is a good way to improve my English vocabulary and to practice reading. In order to practice speaking, I usually "ead out loud" their content, especially the last consonant. Sometimes, I record my self-talk to review later.

No comments:

Post a Comment